It’s been a slow week. I’ve been a bit under the weather and am feeling low on energy.
- Read: Being environmentally conscious is harder than it seems. It’s not a bad vs good, black vs white story. Moralfibres.co.uk wrote about why plastic free isn’t always better for the environment.
- Documentary: I’ve been really enjoying learning about the Plantagenets kings of England (even if the title of the documentary is kind of riding on the Game of Thrones hype)
- Music: I’ve been enjoying listening to Woodkid again. In particular the album Woodkid for nicolas ghesquière – Louis Vuitton Works One
- Especially ‘On then and now’ with the dialogue fragments
- New purchases:
- I bought myself a Muji jewellery storage box. I previously had a jewellery stand, and prone to dust and dirt. I much prefer this clear case style.
- I also bit the bullet and bought the Samyang 100mm lens for my Fujifilm XT-20. A macro lens requires a different way of thinking, which means I get to learn a new photography skill. The manual focus does take some getting used to. All pictures in this post have been taken with this lens.
- Food: I made my own elderberry syrup. The process is quite easy: Cover the elderberry blossoms with water overnight, sieve the water and boil it together with equal parts sugar (or more, depending on your sweet tooth) and the juice of a lemon. Store in the fridge.